Transfer from Other Universities
Eligibility for Transfer to AUST
A Graduate student from an institution of higher education may apply for admission to an AUST Graduate program in the same field of study if:
- He/she satisfies the conditions of AUST General Full admission given in 2.1.a or he/she had satisfied requirements of conditional admission which are similar to AUST conditions given in 2.1.b-d of the graduate student catalog
- He/she had been in good academic standing, i.e.: his/her Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) is a least 3.0, on a scale of 4.0 or its equivalent,
- He/she had not been the subject of disciplinary dismissal.
- He/she was enrolled in a Graduate program which is recognized /accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research, UAE.
Important If the student was admitted at his/her previous university based on the Institutional TOEFL, he/she will be requested to re-take TOEFL test at AUST, and obtain at least 550 score .
Conditions for Transfer of credit hours earned outside AUST
The transfer of credited courses is considered for graduate student who are transferring to a similar program to one studied previously if:
- Their cumulative grade point average was at least 3.0 on a scale of 4.0, or the equivalent,
- The course is not a course of the Pre- Master foundation Program,
- The number of credit hours for the graduate course is not less than that of the AUST equivalent graduate course
- The grade obtained on the previous course must have been at least B (or the grade that corresponds to “Merit/ very Good” for institutions using a different grading scale)
- The course content at the institution previously attended should be similar to that of the corresponding course offered at AUST
- Only grades obtained from courses taken at AUST will be taken into account in the calculation of a student‟s CGPA, i.e., grades obtained from transferred courses at the previous institution will not be taken into account in the computation of the CGPA.
- AUST does not grant transfer students a graduate degree unless they successfully complete at least 75 percent of the credit hours of the graduate program at AUST.
- Transfer credit hours will be reported on AUST Transcript only when the Admission & Registration Department receives the authenticity certificate of the transcript from the former institution of the student.