CSD Goals and objectives
Develop the relationship between AUST community and government as well as the private sectors authorities at the local, regional & international levels.
- Organize various seminars & workshops in order to promote and display AUST significant role in the society .
- Initiate special training programs for AUST staff who are directly involved in communication with students & Alumni as well as external entities.
- Get involved in external relations, particularly charitable associations as well as other funding entities, to make sure that enough financial resources are available to finance some AUST students who are suffering from financial problems.
Offer chances that allow AUST students to experience the worth of helping others and giving back to society.
- Encourage students to get involved in societal activities on & off campus.
- Create various volunteer programs that may help students to develop a sense of belongingness to the community.
- Set up partnerships( i.e. strategic alliances) with charitable institutions .
Create opportunities for AUST students and alumni to build strong career life and overcome future concerns & obstacles.
- Provide individual and group career counseling and career direction services to students and alumni.
- Conducting workshops related to students career development, employment strategies and techniques as required.
- Explore students interests, personality, work values, and skills in finding suitable career .
- Determine where students are in their career decision-making process and suggest appropriate self-assessment tools to meet their needs.
- Organize career fairs in collaboration with local government associations, civic associations, private organizations and community leaders.
Enhance current channels of communication between the university and its alumni on the one hand, and among alumni themselves on the other hand, in line with the AUST's philosophy and vision.
- Establish and foster a basis of lifelong professional and personal relationships between the university and its alumni.
- Provide alumni with opportunities to contribute to and participate in the decision-making process at the university( e.g. seek their feedback).
- Keep in contact with professional bodies and alumni organizations mainly to identify alumni career opportunities, in line with the AUST's vision to break the barriers between academic life and society.
- Develop fundraising activities in collaboration with external associations.
Improve marketing plans to promote AUST academic programs and services.
- Develop communication with different Media sources on regular basis through encouraging AUST faculty & staff to participate in diverse media programs.
- Build effective relationship between AUST and Media institutions to promote all AUST activities and programs
- Design and print brochures, flyers, posters and ads in order to build AUST reputation .
- Update AUST webpage to reflect the university image via coordination with IT department.
- Follow up AUST news and activities in local as well as international media.
Provide a high level of service to support students in achieving their academic goals by helping to remove the financial barriers.
- Establish collaborative partnerships with charitable associations( i.e. MOU) to obtain financial resources.
- Conduct various workshops for AUST community to increase their awareness of the services offered by the Financial Aid & Scholarship division.
- Create a climate that promotes continuous improvement.
- Create and update the financial aid roles & procedures.
- Implement an effective student aid delivery system.
- Develop customer service offered by the Financial Aid division.
- Improve communication between private scholarship recipients and their donors.