1. History – Established in 1988, AU is the oldest private university in the GCC.
2. Diversity – The latest QS World Rankings lists AU as having the 4th most international faculty -- and 6th most international students -- in the entire world!
3. Alumni – More than 37,000 graduates of AU are working in careers worldwide.
4. Rankings – AU is ranked among the top 800 universities globally (see below).
5. Partnerships– More than 30 global partnerships foster student exchange and faculty research.
6. Social Responsibility – From Ajman to Zanzibar, helping humanity is in our DNA.
7. Facilities – Our world-class facilities earned a FIVE QS STARS rating this year!
8. Innovation – Our students and faculty are inventing the future, right here and now.
9. Student Life – Over 100 co-curricular options for building soft skills and lifelong friendships.
10. Accreditations – All programs are accredited by the CAA, and many by internationally acclaimed agencies.
QS Rankings lists AU among the top 800 of all universities globally for 2020 -- which puts AU in the top 2.8% worldwide and in the Arab region's top 1.7%.
QS Rankings lists AU among “Top 150 Under 50 Years Old” universities worldwide for 2019 -- only 8 UAE institutions and 16 Arab universities made this list.
QS Rankings lists Ajman/Dubai/Sharjah as the 61st Best City for Students in the world -- which is ahead of cities like Atlanta in the U.S.
QS Stars gives AU highest possible ratings -- Five QS Stars -- for Inclusiveness, Social Responsibility, and Learning Environment.
QS Stars gives AU Four Stars for Teaching and Internationalization.