Expectations of Residential Students
- Ensure that all submitted documents provided are true and exact.
- Comply with room-shifting regulations, as per the financial policy.
- Maintain the room and furniture in a way that keeps both clean and undamaged.
- Avoid disturbing the other residents with loud music or noise.
- Keep valuable belongings safe. The Hostel office is not liable for any lost property.
- Comply with leave-permission procedures (female students only).
- Confirm evening check-in on time (female students only).
Safety Measures and Specific Guidelines for Students of Determination.
- The Student Hostel is designed to ensure appropriate access for students of determination. For instance, there are specific rooms for them as well as accessible routes, curb ramps, and wheelchair accessible units, including parking and passenger loading zones, elevators, and restrooms.
- A comprehensive Evacuation Mock Drill Plan is displayed in each room/floor, as requested by the General Directorate of Civil Defense in Ajman, to properly address the emergency procedure needs of the disability community. Residents receive periodic training to exercise caution when using safety equipment.
- An emergency evacuation chair is provided at the main entrance and near the staircase to properly address the emergency procedure needs of the disability community.
- The fire extinguishing equipment is available in compliance with the international safety standards.
- Having pets and birds.
- Having or consuming tobacco, shisha/hookah, alcohol or drugs.
- Burning incense or candles.
- Dressing indecently outside the room.
- Receiving external visitors in rooms – with the exception of mothers or sisters in the female hostel and fathers or brothers in the male hostel. Family visiting times are limited.