The Deanship of Graduate Studies and Research (DGSR) is dedicated to fostering a culture of research at all academic levels – from first-year students to tenured professors.
The Deanship of Graduate Studies and Research is committed to promoting excellence in graduate studies and research through its well-defined policies, efficient procedures and funding mechanisms as well as support for developing effective partnerships and collaborations with academic and non-academic institutions locally, regionally and internationally.
The Deanship of Graduate Studies and Research will achieve worldwide recognition of excellence for Ajman University’s graduate programs, research and scholarly work by providing strategic leadership and comprehensive support to faculty, graduate students, and the external community.
The Deanship of Graduate Studies and Research is committed to promoting excellence in graduate studies and research through its well-defined policies, efficient procedures and funding mechanisms as well as support for developing effective partnerships and collaborations with academic and non-academic institutions locally, regionally, and internationally.
- Cooperate with colleges in developing joint graduate programs with international academic institutions.
- Assist and oversee the operation of College Research Committees in all colleges to promote and encourage multi-disciplinary research activities between colleges.
- Encourage multidisciplinary research among various colleges and departments.
- Provide opportunities to faculty and graduate students to obtain external research grants and nurture partnerships with organizations and businesses.
- Encourage initiation of new graduate programs reflecting global trends and catering to local and regional market needs.
- In collaboration with colleges and departments, define research targets and extend support to achieve these targets.
- Foster a vibrant and stimulating research ecosystem at AU.
- Promote excellence in graduate studies, research and scholarly work.
- Ensure consistency and compliance of all graduate programs with relevant policies.
- Increase the number of faculty members publishing in peer-reviewed high-quality journals.
- Continually enhance the quality and relevance of existing graduate programs.
- Develop and implement an effective internal funding mechanism to provide research grants to faculty in all colleges.
- Assist colleges in recruiting outstanding graduate students through graduate scholarships and awards from internal as well as external sources.
- Enhance the research culture in AU by organizing an annual Research Day and other activities including research awards for outstanding faculty and students.
- Assist colleges in organizing national and international scientific conferences.
- Promote a culture of research at the undergraduate level.
- Develop, periodically assess, and modify policies and procedures to continuously enhance the quality of research and graduate programs at AU in order to meet international quality standards and achieve excellence.