1996 - 2001, Lecturer, University of Khartoum, Sudan
Head of Accounting Department, 2017 to date
Accounting & Finance Courses.
Financial Analysis, Financial Reporting, Financial Performance, Risk Analysis, Financial Prediction, and Intellectual capital measurement.
Financial Disclosure and Corporate Governance
Ibrahim E. Ahmed; The Impact of Corporate Governance on Islamic Banking Performance: The Case of UAE Islamic Banks; Journal of Banking & Finance, Thomson Reuters, Volume Sept. 2017, Issue 9. (online ISSN: 0378-4266) www.ijmrnd.com/journal/journal-of-banking-and-finance/
• Ibrahim E. Ahmed and Suja S. Thomas; Assessing Interest Rate Risk Using Income Gap; EPRA International Journal of Economic and Business Review; Vol. 3, Issue 2, November 2015, pp 5 – 12.
• Ibrahim E. Ahmed; Liquidity, Profitability and the Dividends Payout Policy; World Review of Business Research; Volume 5, No. 2. April 2015 Issue. Pp. 73 – 85.
• Ibrahim E. Ahmed, Factors Determining the Selection of Capital Budgeting Techniques"; Journal of Finance and Investment Analysis; ISSN: 2241-0996 (Online version) 2241-0988 (Print version), Vol. 2, Issue 2; 2013.
• Ibrahim E. Ahmed, and Tareq Gebba; The performance of privatized financial institutions; Journal of Applied Finance and Banking; ISSN: 1792-6599 (Online version) 1792-6580 (Print version), Vol.3, Issue 4; 2013.
• Ibrahim E. Ahmed, The Contents of Social Disclosure: A Survey of the UAE Islamic Banks’ Reports; Khartoum University Journal of Management Studies; Vol. 5, No. 1, 2012.
• Ibrahim E. Ahmed, Capital Expenditure in the UAE Manufacturing Sector: An Empirical Study; Al Ghurair University Journal of Management; Vol. 1, Issue 1, Spring 2009.
• Ibrahim E. Ahmed; (2007); “The Usefulness of annual reports: Investors’ Perception”; Taiwan Business Review, No. 4, Vol. 3, 2007.
• Ibrahim EL Siddig Ahmed & Mohamed Gamal Aboelmaged, Adoption of Supply Chain Sustainability in Developing Countries: An Empirical Investigation. A book Chapter: Chapter 20 of Handbook of Research on Business Ethics and Corporate Responsibilities. Published 2015 by IGI Global.
• Sayed Abbas and Ibrahim Elsiddig; Banking Management: Models Analysis and Applications; A Book published by Sudan Currency Printing Company (Arabic); 2008.
• Suja Sarah Thomas and Ibrahim Elsiddig Ahmed; An Empirical Analysis of the Voluntary Disclosure Practices of United Arab Emirates Listed Companies in an International Financial Reporting Standards Environment; Journal of Advanced Research in Management; ASERS Publishing, Vol 9 No 1 (2018): JARM Volume IX Issue 1(17) Summer 2018, DOI: https://doi.org/10.14505//jarm.v9.1(17).02
• Ibrahim E. Ahmed; Bridging the Gap between Governmental Accounting Education and Practice, Accounting; Vol.5, No. 1, 2019, PP 21-30, www.growingscience.com.
• Ahmed, I. E. (2020). The Qualitative Characteristics of Accounting Information, Earnings Quality, and Islamic Banking Performance: Evidence from the Gulf Banking Sector. International Journal of Financial Studies, 8 (2), 1-16, doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/ijfs8020030.
• Ibrahim E. Ahmed & Riyadh Mehdi. (2020). Predicting the Value of Intellectual Capital: A Performance Contribution Model Based on Neural Networks. Int. J. of Intellectual Property Management, Vol 10, issue. doi: https://doi.org/10.1504/IJIPM.2020.10032649.
• Ibrahim E. Ahmed (2021). Disclosure of Human Capital: The Case of the GCC Banking Sector. International Journal of Human Capital and Information Technology Professionals, ISSN: 1947-3478, Vol 12, issue 1, Article 3. PP:33-50. DOI: DOI: https://doi.org/10.4018/IJHCITP.2021010103.
• Sayed Abbas, Ibrahim E. Ahmed, and Kiran Zafar. (2021). Banking Behavior Towards Small Business Financing in the UAE: Supply Side Assessment Based on Importance Performance Map Analysis. Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal, Volume 25, Issue 1, 2021, 1528-2635-25-1-652
• Ahmed, S. A. & Ahmed, I. E. (2021). The Financial Profile of Small Business: Experience Derived from The Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Region. International Journal of Arts and Commerce, 10 (1), 55-71
• Elfadil A. Mohamed1, Ibrahim Elsiddig Ahmed, Riyadh Mehdi, Hanan Hussain. (2021). Impact of corporate performance on stock price predictions in the UAE markets: Neuro-fuzzy model. Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management; 2021;1–20. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/isaf.1484
• Ibrahim E. Ahmed and Ariba Sabah (2021). The Determinants of Capital Structure of the GCC Oil and Gas Companies. International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, 2021, 11(2), 30-39. DOI: https://doi.org/10.32479/ijeep.10570.
• Noura AlDarmaki, Noura Almansouri, Elfadil A. Mohamed, Ibrahim Elsiddig Ahmed, Nazar Zaki; Prediction of the Closing Price in the Dubai Financial Market: A Data Mining Approach; 2016, 3rd MEC International Conference on Big Data and Smart City (ICBDSC). https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/conhome/7457420/proceeding
• Suja S. and Ibrahim E. Ahmed; Narrative Reporting: An Examination of the Consistency of Practices of UAE Listed Companies with IFRS; 18th. EBES Conference – American University of Sharjah (AUS), UAE, January 8-10, 2016.
• Ibrahim E. Ahmed; Investigating the Gap between Governmental Accounting Theory and Practice; Annual Spain Business Research Conference, Barcelona; Research for Change, 14-15 September, 2015.
• Ibrahim E. Ahmed and Suja S. Thomas; Interest Rate Risk Measurement and Management: An Application of Income Gap; International Business Conference (IBC 2015); Ajman; UAE.
• Sayed Abbas & Ibrahim E. Ahmed; The Financial Profile of Small Business: The Experience of the MENA; Presented July 2014 at Cambridge Business & Economics Conference (CBEC), Cambridge University, UK.
• Ibrahim E. Ahmed; “The Impact of Liquidity on the Dividends Policy” 26th International Business Research Conference; 7-8 April 2014; Conference Proceeding, Imperial College, London.
• Ibrahim E. Ahmed, Analytical Assessment of Internal Control: The Case of UAE Banking Sector; First International Conference on Emerging Research Paradigms in Business and Social Sciences, Middlesex University, November 2011.
• Ibrahim E. Ahmed; “A survey of capital budgeting techniques in UAE”; International Conference on Business and Technology, Dubai, March 2008.
• Ibrahim E. Ahmed & Sayed A. Ahmed (2007); “Are UAE Islamic Banks Adequately Capitalized?” Directions II Conference, Kuwait University, Kuwait, January 2007, Conference Proceeding.
• Ibrahim E. Ahmed & Srinivas Inguva (2005); “Management Accounting Techniques in UAE Banks”; International Conference of Finance, Economics & Management, Yasar University, Turkey, Conference Proceeding.
• Ibrahim E. Ahmed (2004); “Prediction of Failure in Islamic and Conventional Banks”; Conference of Islam and Accounting, International Islamic University, Malaysia (2004).
Memberships, Awards and Honors
• Coordinator; DBA Committee, College of Business Administration, Ajman University.
• Deputy Dean, College of Business Studies, Al Ghurair University, Dubai Academic City, Dubai; 2008 - 2014).
• Head of Curriculum and Academic Assessment Committee, Al Ghurair University, 2008 - 2016).
• Head of Accounting Department, Faculty of Business Administration, Ajman University of Science & Technology, (July, 2004 – Sept. 2008).