Program Learning Outcomes
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BNS) is a newest program that is offered by The College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences at Ajman University. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program is a comprehensive educational program that prepares students for a career in nursing. The program consists of a total of 120 credit hours (CH) offer in 4 years and is divided into three main categories: general courses, nursing program courses, and clinical practice rotation courses. The general courses provide a foundation of knowledge in various disciplines and help students develop a well-rounded educational background. The nursing program courses form the core of the BSN program. These courses specifically focus on nursing theory, practice, and skills necessary for competent nursing care. Clinical practice rotation courses are a vital component of the BSN program as they provide students with hands-on experience in real healthcare settings. These courses involve supervised clinical rotations in hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities. During these rotations, students have the opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills acquired in the classroom to actual patient care scenarios. Clinical practice courses allow students to develop clinical competence, critical thinking abilities, and interpersonal skills necessary for providing safe and effective nursing care.
A graduate from the BSN program will be competent to:
1. Provide safe and effective nursing care across the patient’s lifespan.
2. Provide culturally sensitive, ethical, and person-centered nursing care to improve healthcare outcomes.
3. Promote the health of individuals and their families.
4. Be actively engaged in scholarship and lifelong learning.
5. Communicate therapeutically and collaborate effectively across professions.
To be enrolled in a Nursing Program, a student should have the followings:
1. High School Requirements (UAE Curriculum)
- 60% Elite Track
- 65% Advanced Track
- 70% General Track
Equivalent qualifications from other educational systems are accepted, please click here.
2. English Requirements:
- A minimum score of EmSAT English of 1100.
- If EmSAT requirement is unmet, the following tests are accepted:
- TOEFL: 500 (or 61 in TOEFL iBT or 173 in TOEFL CBT); or
- IELTS Academics: 5; or
- Equivalent in other English proficiency tests approved by the MOE will be evaluated.
3. Personal Interview
- Passing a personal interview sets by the College of Pharmacy.
- Demonstration of good conduct and maturity.
4. Other university general admission requirements, please click here.
- General nurses
- Community health nurses
- School nurses
- Health educator