In accordance with the university’s vision and philosophy as well as the mission of the College of Humanities and Sciences, the Department aims to prepare and train teachers for the intermediate stage (6-8) and the secondary stage (9-12)
The Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Teaching gets its goals from the program’s mission, which reflects the educational philosophy that the University adopts. The program’s goals are as follows:
- To provide the learner with deep applied and theoretical knowledge of various educational fields
- To enable the learner to have new visions in various fields of the educational process
- To make use of the scientific research tools in solving problems encountered in the learning and teaching process
- To be able to apply the appropriate skills in analyzing curricula, designing lessons and using technology in teaching
- To acquire the basic professional competences and theories of critical thinking when solving educational problems
- To be able to scientifically discuss new and old educational issues
- To prepare a leading and qualified teacher who is effective in social communication and professional self-development in their field of interest
Applicants to the Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Teaching program in AU, College of Humanities and Sciences should meet the following conditions:
- A score of no less than 1250 in the Arabic Language EmSAT,
- A score of no less than 950 in the English Language EmSAT or its equivalents from the national or international tests which are approved by the CAA, like TOEFL ITP (450) or Academic IELTS (4.5),
- A bachelor degree or its equivalent, and it should be recognized by the Ministry Education in the UAE. The degree must be related to the specializations offered by the College with an AGPA of no less than 3 out of 4 or its equivalent,
- Applicants with a recognized bachelor degree with 2.5 CPGA to less than 3 out of 4 or its equivalent will be admitted on a condition that: applicants may register up to 9 credit hours during the conditional admission period and must achieve the minimum GPA 3 out 4.
- Applicants with a recognized bachelor degree with a CGPA 2.0 to less than 2.5 out of 4 or its equivalent will be admitted on condition that they may register up to 9 remedial credit hours and must get a minimum GPA of 3 out of 4.
Completion of 24 credit hours with a GPA of no less than 3 out of 4.