Expectations of Residential Students
- Ensure that all submitted documents provided are true and exact.
- Comply with room-shifting regulations, as per the financial policy.
- Maintain the room and furniture in a way that keeps both clean and undamaged.
- Avoid disturbing the other residents with loud music or noise.
- Keep valuable belongings safe. The Hostel office is not liable for any lost property.
- Comply with leave-permission procedures (female students only).
- Confirm evening check-in on time (female students only).
Safety Measures and Specific Guidelines for Students of Determination.
- A comprehensive evacuation mock drill plan is displayed in each room/floor, as requested by the General Directorate of Civil Defense in Ajman.
- Residents receive proper training to exercise caution when using electrical, gas or fire equipment.
- The fire extinguishing equipment is available in compliance with the international safety standards.
- The residential building is equipped to meet the accessibility and accommodation needs of students of determination.
- We strive to provide an accessible and safe environment for students of determination to fully participate in the residential component of the university experience. For instance, we provide appropriate access to all our buildings by ensuring accessible routes, curb ramps, and wheelchair accessible units, including parking and passenger loading zones, elevators, and restrooms.
- An Emergency Planning Map is available across the building to properly address the emergency procedure needs of the disability community.
- An emergency evacuation chair is provided at the main entrance to ensure a quick and safe evacuation during emergency situations.
- Having pets and birds.
- Having or consuming tobacco, shisha/hookah, alcohol or drugs.
- Burning incense or candles.
- Dressing indecently outside the room.
- Receiving external visitors in rooms – with the exception of mothers or sisters in the female hostel and fathers or brothers in the male hostel. Family visiting times are limited.