Eligibility for Transfer to AU
Graduate students from accredited institutions of higher education may apply for admission in an Ajman University graduate programs if :
- They have been of good academic standing, i.e., their Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) is a least 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 or the equivalent, and if (they have not been subjected to academically or disciplinary dismissal).
- The grade obtained on the previous course must have been at least B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) irrespective of the course status (Satisfactory, Good, ets……….), or the grade that corresponds to “Merit/Very Good” for institutions using a different grading scale.
- The course is not a course of the Pre- Master foundation Program.
- The number of credit hours for the graduate course is not less than that of the AU equivalent graduate course.
- The course content at the institution previously attended similar to that of the corresponding course offered at AU.
- The transferred student has the required score of the English Language Proficiency and presents a valid certification.
- Requires that transfer students meet all of the admission requirements of the receiving institution and program, and does not allow, under any circumstances, transfer students to be admitted under the provisions stipulated for conditional admission.
- Only grades obtained from courses taken at AU will be taken into account in the calculation of a student’s CGPA, i.e., grades obtained from transferred courses at the previous institution will not be taken into account in the computation of the CGPA.
- The transfer of credits for clinical training is permissible only when done in the UAE or in exceptional circumstances, upon review and approval of a waiver to this requirement by the CAA.
- The graduation projects and thesis are not subject to transfer.
- AU does not grant transfer students a graduate degree unless they successfully complete at least 75 percent of the credit hours of the graduate program at AU including the majority of the final year courses at AU.
- A transcript indicating the courses studied at the previous institution is required and it should be certified by MOH.
- The equivalency certificate is required if the degree has been obtained outside UAE.
- A fee AED 500 will be charged for the evaluation of courses to be transferred. The fee will be refunded if the student is admitted.