The Civil Engineering program aims to produce graduates equipped with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills necessary for pursuing a successful professional career in civil engineering. The program also prepares its students for graduate studies.
Program Educational Objectives
Civil Engineering graduates are:
- Successful in applying theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the field of Civil Engineering.
- Gainfully employed in the construction industry and infrastructure.
- Successful in postgraduate studies.
Program Learning Outcomes
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Broad knowledge in the field of Civil Engineering.
Graduates will be qualified to work as:
- Structural engineers
- Transportation, traffic and highway engineers
- Geotechnical engineers
- Environmental and water engineers
The BSCE program graduates can work in different consulting engineering firms, governmental agencies and construction companies. Furthermore, BSCE graduates may pursue their higher education to enhance their knowledge and expertise.
The Bachelor of Science Degree is awarded upon the fulfillment of the following:
1. Successful completion of all courses in the curriculum
2. Successful completion of the equivalent of four months of engineering training
3. Cumulative Grade Point Average CGPA of at least 2..
Admission to the civil engineering program requires a UAE secondary school certificate (science major) or its equivalent with a minimum grade of 70 percent. For more information please refer to the university admissions policy.