Holders of UAE Secondary School Certificate:
Holders of a Secondary School Certificate (SSC), Science Section, are eligible for admission in any College of the university if they satisfy the minimum score requirement for the degree program (see Table 1).
Holders of the Secondary School Certificate, Literary Section, with a minimum score of 60 percent, are eligible for admission to all degree programs in the following colleges:
- Business Administration
- Mass Communication and Humanities
They are also eligible for admission to the following programs offered by other colleges:
- Bachelor of Education/Teacher Training Program in Arabic and Islamic Studies
- Bachelor of Education in Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Sc. in Information Systems/Project Management (65%)
- Sc. in Information Systems/E-Business Management (65%)
- Bachelor of Interior Design
Offers of admission are made on a competitive basis, taking into account the number of available places as determined by the individual College and the applicant’s final secondary school examination score.
Applications made by holders of foreign secondary school certificates will be considered according to Circular No. 200, 2004, and Circular No. 123, 2005, issued by His Excellency the Minister of Education/Higher Education Affairs, UAE, as listed below:
Holders of Foreign Secondary School Certificates other than British System Certificates
In general, holders of the National High-school Certificate of a foreign country are eligible for admission if:
- The certificate is considered for admission in public universities of the country where it is obtained;
- The certificate is awarded after at least 12 years of schooling;
- The certificate includes at least six subjects covering the following four areas:
- Social Sciences/Humanities or Arts
Holders of secondary school certificates from countries having two-level secondary school certificates, must submit the certificate of the higher level.
Examples of Acceptable Foreign Certificates:
- Iranian: Pre-University Certificate
- Indian Board(s): Senior Secondary School Certificate
- Pakistani Board(s): Higher Secondary School Certificate (Part II)
- French Baccalaureate: completion of Part II
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: completion of six subjects, with three at HL
- American High-school Diploma.
- West African Senior School Certificate
- Holders of British System Certificates (IGCSE, GCSE, GCE)
A holder of a British system certificate is eligible for admission if:
- the applicant has passed seven subjects at the ordinary level of IGCSE or GCSE, with a minimum grade of C. If a subject is taken at the AS Level or A Level the required minimum score is reduced to D and E respectively
- the seven subjects must cover the following four areas: Mathematics, Science, Languages, and Humanities or Arts
- the applicant must prove that he/she has completed at least 11 years of schooling by providing the grade transcript of Grade 11 and that of Grade 12, when available
- the applicant submits his/her school leaving certificate
N.B.: Holders of UAE Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent with a score below 60 percent are eligible for admission to the Foundation Program which is designed to enable students to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills that would enable them to pursue their studies in one of the Bachelor Programs.
Unconditional offers of admission to programs where the medium of instruction is English are given only to applicants with a score of at least 500 in the TOEFL (paper-based test), 61 in TOEFL (iBT), Band 5 in IELTS (Academic), 41 in (Cambridge English: Advanced Test of English Language) or 44 in (Pearson Test of English Academic). TOEFL and IELTS scores are accepted only if they were obtained less than two years prior to the date of admission. Institutional TOEFL score is considered only when the test is taken at an AMIDEAST centre.
Students who do not satisfy the above-mentioned minimum English proficiency requirement may begin their studies on the basis of a conditional offer.
During their first semester, holders of TOEFL, with a score between 450 and 499 or equivalent, will be required to enroll in the Intensive English Program (IEP) offered by the Unit of General Studies, until they obtain at least 500 in the TOEFL, or its equivalent.
Students who commence their studies with a score below 450 (TOEFL) are required to enroll in an English preparation course (lower level) at the on-campus Continuing Education Centre. However, colleges will reserve a seat for them, for one semester only, if they obtain a score of at least 450 in TOEFL, iBT 45, Band 4 in IELTS, or its equivalent in (Cambridge English: Advanced Test of English Language) & (Pearson Test of English Academic) at the end of the first semester of registration.
- Application form, which may be obtained from the Admissions and Registration Department, to be filled in by the applicant
- UAE Secondary School Certificate, or its equivalent, and grade transcript. Certified copies are acceptable
- Photocopy of valid passport & residency visa (if applicable)
- Photocopy of a valid Emirates ID Card (UAE residents only)
- Birth certificate
- Health certificate, issued by the University Clinic
- Certificate of good conduct, issued by an official body
- Six passport-sized photographs with the applicant’s full name on the back of each
- A signed “declaration” by the applicant stating that he/she will observe University rules and regulations
- If available, a certificate of proficiency in the English language, e.g. TOEFL with a minimum score of 500, IELTS with a score of at least 5 or its equivalent. & TOEFL with a minimum score of 450, IELTS with a score of at least 4.5 or its equivalent for the college of Mass Communication and Humanities, except for Social Sciences.
Applications will be processed by the Admissions and Registration Department only after the payment of application and registration fees.