Ajman University’s College of Architecture, Art & Design to Hold its Annual Student Awards on March 20
Wednesday, Mar 15, 2023
The College of Architecture, Art & Design (CAAD), Ajman University will hold the third edition of its annual CAAD Student Awards on March 20, 2023. Launched in 2021, CAAD Student Awards recognize academic excellence, creative endeavour, and leadership demonstrated in the Architecture and Interior Design streams of the college.
- Best Architectural Design Award: Students demonstrating outstanding performance in their Design course are nominated by their design instructor, at the end of each academic semester.
- Best Interior Design Award: Deserving students are nominated by their design instructor, at the end of each academic semester.
- The Student Leader of the Year Award: This award recognizes excellence in extracurricular activities and cooperation with the college in the organization of student events and/or communication with the students of the College. Students who have demonstrated initiative by volunteering for community service or made similar other impressive contributions are also considered for this award.
- Most improved performance: Students showing the most significant improvement in their GPA during the year, by no less than +0.5, are nominated.
- Best Graduation Project Award (one for each program): Students displaying outstanding performance in their Graduation Projects are nominated by their graduation instructor, at the end of the academic year.
- Best overall Student: Student who has finished at least 40 credit hours and has achieved the highest GPA in the college as of the deadline of the award submission is eligible for this award.
For this year, 3 more categories have been added:
- Best BIM Project: Deserving students will be nominated by their instructors, at the end of each academic semester.
- Best Generative Design: Students demonstrating outstanding performance in their Generative Design course will be nominated by their instructors.
- Best 3D printed Model: CAAD students can now convey their designs using 3D printers in campus. This award will be presented to the student who demonstrates the most unique 3D printed design.
The winners for the third edition of the awards, for the year 2022-23, will be announced on March 20. Stay tuned and watch this space.
Previous Award Winners: