In an effort to increase and enhance the importance of social responsibility and charitable practices, Dr. Karim Al-Saghir, Ajman University Chancellor, honored a number of Ajman University's strategic partners in appreciation of their diligent efforts and the prominent role in the field of charitable work. Such recognition was bestowed on the occasion of the International Day of Charity which falls on the fifth of September every year. The event was attended by:
- Mr. Rashid Obaid Al Shehhi - Director of the Department of Support and Community Development of the International Charitable Organization
- His Excellency Suleiman Al Shehhi - Legal Adviser at Al Rostamani Group
- His Excellency Ali Al-Asi - Chairman of the Needy Families Committee of Dar Al-Bar Society
- Mohammed Salem Al-Kaibi Al-Muhairi - Director of the President's Office for Abdul Wahed Al Rostamani Group
- Yousef Abdullah Al Yateem Al Madhani - Assistant CEO of the Zakat and Community Development Sector of the Dar Al Ber Society.
In his welcoming address, Dr. Karim Seghir, Ajman University chancellor extended his deep appreciation to H.H. Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al-Nuaimi, Member of the Supreme Council and Ruler of Ajman for his endless support and patronage to Ajman University. Dr. Karim then said: “The efforts provided by Ajman University in the field of social responsibility would not have seen the light without our strategic partners’ tireless, supportive and continuous efforts at all levels and over the past years."
Dr. Karim sheds light on the most important achievements and community initiatives launched by the university during the pandemic, such as the "Covid -19 campaign for students affected by the pandemic," which resulted in assisting 50 students to pursue their education with a total amount of AED Three million.
Additionally, Thamer Fund for underprivileged students provided financial aid during the academic year 2020-2021 to 505 students with a total amount of AED 3,950,004.
Our collaborations with the government and private sectors during 2020-2021 resulted in collecting donations from 26 institutions. 327 students benefited from such donations with an estimated value of more than AED. 10.3 million. During the Pandemic, Ajman University played a vital community role to combat the virus. In collaboration with Tamouh, AU launched a screening center as well as a vaccination one. Both centers offer services for free to UAE Nationals, faculty/ staff members, students alumni as well as their families.